While it might take some time adapting to an electric model, it is rewarding in the long run. Apart from the sheer convenience and reduction of time taken, cuts and nicks are things of the past. Some of the razors also offer a depilatory option as well as a razor – say goodbye to messy, sticky waxing.
Quick Look at Our Top 3 Ladies Electric Razors
Some Info Before You Buy
We have chosen six of the best women’s electric shavers below. Our criteria include:-
- The quality of shave
- The longevity of product
- And Brand reputation
You might be surprised to find that some of these shavers have been around for a while, and are not the latest offerings from the manufacturers. The fact that these older models are still selling well and often outsell newer models that are meant to replace them indicates that they are both reliable and good value for money. This does not mean that you should avoid the newer models if they take your fancy.
We have assumed that you are fairly new to the concept of an electric shaver and recommend that you buy a reasonably-priced product, try it out and see if it suits you. You can always try one of the higher-priced options once you are happy with a particular brand.
6 Best Electric Razors for Women 2018
It was quite a challenge selecting the best electric razor for women. We are confident that these are six excellent options, which we have ranked, but it is a close call on the top 3.
1. Panasonic ES2207P – Best Ladies Electric Razor 2018[affegg id=5 next=1]A well-priced offering from Panasonic, this attractive razor is a wet or dry shaver which has 3 floating heads. The blades are hypoallergenic and this shaver can be used both for legs and underarms. It includes a pop-up trimmer for the bikini line.
It takes 12 hours to charge the ES2207P, which should give you 1 hour’s cordless usage. Panasonic claim that you should be able to get 10 shaves out of one charge, based on an average shaving time of 3 minutes.
This is a middle-of-the-road shaver, which offers all the functions one would be looking for in a razor. It is generally liked on both sides of the Atlantic and everywhere else. The price is very competitive for what is offered.
2. Braun Silk-Epil 3-3270 – Best Epilator for Hair Removal[affegg id=5 next=1]In men’s shavers, Braun is very much the preferred choice over a range of models. The expertise gained in building shavers for men is applied when designing women’s shavers.
Braun make a range of epilators, of which this is a low-end model, which we have chosen because the kit includes a shaving head as well. The higher-end models are epilators only. This epilator, although bottom of the range, does have a light included in it to make hair removal easier. Braun have branded their lighting feature the “Smartlight”.
The Series 3 epilators are used with a charging cord and do not operate cordlessly, so it is a dry shaver. There is also a trimmer head included in the kit.
There are other options available from Braun in the 5, 7 and 9 series, some of which are expensive. Initial recommendation is to try out the series 3 or 5 first, to see how epilation works for you, before investing in an expensive epilator and hating the process.
With this model, you still have a razor, even if you decide epilating is not for you. This is a razor in the Braun tradition and one you will not regret buying.
3. Philips Norelco 3500 – Best Rotary Head Shaver for Women[affegg id=5 next=1]OK, this is a man’s razor, but we picked it in order to include one rotary head shaver. Although it is primarily designed for men, it is popular with both sexes.
Rotary heads are easier to clean than foils, and they generally give a good close shave. The S3500 has 3 rotary heads, and is powered by a lithium battery which takes 1 hour to charge and gives you 50 minutes of cordless use (it should only be used cordlessly). It includes a pop-up trimmer and has an LED display to indicate battery life.
There are other shavers like this made by Philips, with a dramatic variance in price. There is also a low-end model, the 3100, that has a permanent cord and can only be used dry, but is a best-seller and gets the job done.
There are 2 schools of thought about electric razors – those who like foils and those who prefer rotary. If you are in the latter group, this is the shaver for you.
4. Remington Smooth & Silky WDF5030A – Best Women’s Razor for Sensitive Skin[affegg id=5 next=1]Remington describe the experience that this razor offers as “Smooth Shave” technology. This razor has four blades that give a close shave. There is an almond-oil strip that moisturizes and soothes the skin during the shaving process. This shaver is powered by rechargeable batteries and can be used either plugged in or cordless. It is a wet and dry shaver, so that you can take it into the shower, although Remington recommend that you do not completely submerge it, even though they state that it is waterproof.
Charging time is 20 hours in the supplied charging base, which will give you 30 minutes shaving time. It includes a trimmer.
This is an ideal primary shaver. It does take a long time to charge, so you would probably have to keep it permanently in its charging base, just so you are sure it is available when you need it. The first 3 shavers do provide better charging ratios than this one, if this is important to you.
5. Philips Ladyshave HP6306 – Most Popular Ladies Shaver[affegg id=5 next=1]Philips have been making electric razors since 1939 and the Ladyshave has been around and very popular since 1969. There are quite a few models available, and we have selected one of the lower-priced ones.
The HP6306 is one of the more basic Ladyshaves, but does the job. It takes 2 AA batteries, which give a lot of use before they need replacing. The shaving head is small with a single, hypoallergenic foil. Like the Remington below, Philips claim that this is a wet/dry razor. It comes with dual trimmers.
We rate this shaver as very similar to the Remington WSF4810, light enough and versatile enough to be used as a travel/second razor to keep in your handbag or sports bag for those times where you really need to get a close shave done quickly.
6. Remington WSF4810 – Best Women’s Travel Shaver[affegg id=5 next=1]This small shaver will not give you the closest shave and it does not run on rechargeable batteries, but it is very inexpensive and durable. Designed as a travel shaver, it is small, compact and convenient. It runs on 2 AAA batteries, which are included with the original product.
It is a single foil razor which is hypoallergenic and the angled head can be used wet or dry. Remington claim that it can be used in the shower. The razor head is washable and a cleaning brush is supplied in the kit. It also has trimmers attached for areas such as the bikini line.
This is a great second shaver, which you could include in your gym kit or travel toiletry set. Many women use it regularly as their primary shaver, just because it is so convenient. This is also the ideal razor for a young teenager who is just starting to shave and can use this device without cutting herself.
Some Points to Consider when Choosing a Shaver
While all the razors we recommend here are excellent, there is one of them that will appeal to you most, based on your hair growth and sensitivity. What you can be sure of is that you no longer have to sneak into the bathroom and “borrow” your husband’s, partner’s, brother’s or dad’s electric shaver, there is a brand and style out there that you can make your own.